Wednesday, February 22, 2012

God's Purpose

As I settle on this path to Christ, I am encouraged by those who are sharing my journey.  While I appreciate the compassion and companionship I have found online, I have also found much comfort in joining a small group at my church.  It's a family group so we're all in the same boat with one, two, or three kids. Being a part of this group has helped me to hold myself accountable for my faith, my trust, my path to God.

This Friday will mark my 4th meeting with the group, and I must say, I really enjoy it.  I don't have many friends, as many of my dear friends have moved away, but in this group, I have found a handful of women whose life's journeys are at a similar point to my own.  I found the group warm and inviting and have easily taken my guard down and opening up was effortless.


In our last meeting, we paired up and became "prayer partners". Now as fate (or God's will, as I now know it to be) would have it, I was partnered with a woman who leads a life very similar to my own.  She, too, has three children and our children are all the same age. While our challenges differ, we are really taken aback by how our lives came to cross.

We both feel so blessed to have each other in our lives and are marveled at God's work in this matter.  But what exactly is God's purpose for this pairing?  I'm excited to find out.  I am so excited to continue on my path toward Christ with not only my strong-in-faith husband, but now I can walk with my sister in Christ.  She is amazing and I am so blessed to have her as my friend.

JT

No comments:

Post a Comment